Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Donation to the Town of Kittery,Mane

Official seal of Kittery, Maine
Official seal of Kittery, Maine (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Kathy Pridham accepting a donation of a
reproduction of Alisson's Restaurant from artist, Jo M. Orise.
Kathy Pridham, Deputy Town Clerk and Chair, Fuel and More of the Town of Kittery contacted me for a donation for the heating program in the town called Fuel & More.

Kittery assists eligible families with 100 gallons of fuel during the winter months and if any money is left, they can get another 100 gallons.

Kittery is planning one of their annual fund raisers, the River Dance, which is held at the Weathervane Restaurant on Badger's Island in September.

The dance features a band, food, cash bar, 50/50 raffle and a silent auction.

Donated items are put up for bid in the town office foyer in July and then moved to the dance and bidding ends at 9:00 PM.

I donated an "Alison's Restaurant" reproduction to help support the event. The restaurant is in Kennebunkport, Maine. Visit them at http://www.alissons.com/

Good luck Town of Kittery. Kathy is doing a great job in organizing this great event. I hope the winner enjoys the print. Keep warm this coming winter.

If you've never been to Kittery, Maine, take the time to visit. It is a beautiful area. I thought I'd take a shortcut from my home to Portsmouth one day. I decided to take the back roads, which meant I had to go through Kittery. I got lost and drove an extra two hours believing my Garmin. Don't ever believe your Garmin, it has a sadistic side to it. Anyway, as I traveled about I came upon the most gorgeous vistas. I wished I had my paints with me.

Also, when you visit, be sure to look for Kittery Point. It was described to me as one of Maine's best kept secrets—not anymore.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write a comment. Love to hear from you.