Monday, July 9, 2012

Have You Heard of Akiane - Such a Beautiful Name

akiane
akiane (Photo credit: 漂泊的鱼)

What a wonderful person. So young, so passionate with such a supportive family and the future for this young girl is mind boggling.  
Visit her website: http://www.akiane.com
Check out her interview at fifteen years. She also has time-lapse painting on her site. Enjoy!
______________

Akiane's story speaks to me. I also yearned to draw and paint people since childhood. The urge is still there and haunts me as I go on in my daily activities. Therefore, I can relate with Akiane's description of her inspiration. I haven't had the visions she describes, but I do have sudden ideas and dreams that I write about in poems, and stories and also sketch them until I feel I have to produce a painting.

Many of my paintings are of typical scenes I see around me, but they speak to me. I see the beauty, the color and the mood. The dreams are different. They are emotional expressions, which I capture in pencil or paint. Critics look at them and either like them or are unable to relate. 

As I paint or write, time disappears and I am at one with my creation. I continue  to learn from my work, my mistakes, my critics and admirers. That is part of growing and learning. Not every work is a masterpiece. Not every masterpiece is accepted by the public. Sometimes a painting I think is 'trash' excites a person to purchase it.

Visit Akiane's website and enjoy the wonder of her and her great talents—she has many. I would love to meet her some day.

Post a comment below and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Jo
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write a comment. Love to hear from you.